Have you tried to put air in your car’s tires? If you have owned a car for more than a year or two and your answer was “no,” you might be a liar. Every car owner needs to fill their tires at some point or another. Without the right tire pressure machine, it can be a lot of guesswork. Well, Nissan has recognized that problem and is working to solve it by introducing the Easy-Fill Tire Alert System. Learn about how it works below.
You might also be interested in: Nissan Intelligent Mobility features
How does the Nissan Easy-Fill Tire Alert System work?
The entire goal of the Easy-Fill System is to make it simpler when inflating your Nissan’s tires. Basically, when active, your Nissan will honk when it detects that the proper amount of air has been added to your tire. When you hear the honk, stop filling the current tire and move to the next one. Overinflation and underinflation are equal problems for drivers as they both result in premature wear and tear. This system is a great way to keep those problems minimized as much as possible.
Here are the steps to how it works:
- Park your Nissan and apply the parking brake
- Keep the ignition in the on (accessory mode) position with the engine off
- Exterior lights will flash when you begin filling a tire to indicate the system’s monitoring process
- When the optimal tire pressure is reached, the horn will sound
- If the tire is overinflated, the horn will sound again and the hazards will flash. Release some air until the correct amount it detected
Check out the video below for more information.